Enrolment FAQs

Please see below some frequently asked questions to our enrolment team.

I've applied for a full time course and I haven't received my link to complete my application

Check your spam or junk folder in your email first.   If you still haven't received an email from the College please email the Student Recruitment Team who will re-send your invitation.

Please email studentrecruitment@lincolncollege.ac.uk, include your full name and date of birth. 

What uniform or kit do I need for my course and do you offer financial support with costs?

If your course requires any specialist uniform or kit you will be sent these details by the end of July from the Student Recruitment Team. If you have any enquiries regarding uniform, please contact studentrecruitment@lincolncollege.ac.uk

For any help with financial costs, please contact our Financial Support Team on 01522 876000 or email financialsupport@lincolncollege.ac.uk. 

Does the College offer any information on travel or support with travel costs?

You may be able to apply for support from the college to help with your travel costs.
If you are aged 16-18 on 31/08/2020 you may also qualify for subsidised travel support through your County Council.

Please see our Financial Support page or email financialsupport@lincolncollege.ac.uk for further information.  on 01522 876000 or email financialsupport@lincolncollege.ac.uk 

I am 19+, does the College offer support to help me pay for my course?

Depending on the course which you are enrolling onto, there will be a range of fee remission categories available. Please see our Financial Support page or email financialsupport@lincolncollege.ac.uk for further information. 

Does the College offer onsite Childcare or support for the cost of childcare?

Depending on your circumstances, we may be able to provide you with support for childcare costs. Please see our Financial Support page or email financialsupport@lincolncollege.ac.uk for further information. 

How do I change the course I applied for?

Our Student Recruitment Team are on hand to support you with any changes you would like to make for your application, please email studentrecruitment@lincolncollege.ac.uk and state your full name and date of birth. 

What are the College's term dates

Take a look at our Term Dates 2022/23 page for information about College term dates.

What if I am on holiday during main enrolment week?

No, you wont lose your place as long as you let us know. Please email studentrecruitment@lincolncollege.ac.uk and let us know when you will be back so we can inform your course tutor.

How do I access a student status letter or council tax certificate?

If you need proof that you are enrolled on a course for the purposes of council tax the college can provide you with a Council Tax Certificate. For all other purposes the college can provide you with a student status letter confirming the course you are enrolled on. The start and expected end date of your course and the total number of class taught hours.

These letters can only be produced once you have enrolled on your course.

If you require a Council Tax Certificate or a Student Status letter please email your request to studentrecruitment@lincolncollege.ac.uk. Please ensure your include your full name, date of birth and your student ID number.

Will I receive student discount?

Once you have enrolled on your chosen course you will be issued with a Lincoln College Student ID card. This is NOT a student discount card but many retailers will accept it as proof of entitlement to student discount. 

You can also download TOTUM Digital from the Play or App store for free.   Once you've started College you'll be able to login with your College IT account to access student offers and discounts.   Upgrade to full TOTUM membership online.

How do I change my personal details on my application?

Please email any changes to your personal details, such as name change, new address, new contact details or changes to your emergency contact, to our admissions department at studentrecruitment@lincolncollege.ac.uk. Please include your full name and date of birth. If you need to change your name you will need to provide evidence such as a marriage or deed poll certificate.

What if I don’t get the grade I needed for my college course?

Please don’t panic! You should still attend your Enrolment Invitation even if you haven't met the entry requirements. We may be able to offer you a place on a lower level of the same course, or, if that is not possible, an alternative course. At Lincoln College we are committed to finding the right course for the right person and we will do everything we can to secure you a place. 

Does the College have an accommodation on campus?

No, we don't have any College accommodation.  Please email our Financial Support Team at financialsupport@lincolncollege.ac.uk who may be able to assist. 

Where can students park at the College and do you offer discounted public parking?

We do not have any campus car parking for students onsite but we do offer car parking discount books for public parking in Lincoln which you can purchase from Main Reception. Please note, we can only take payments in cash.

Does the College have a dress code or Uniform?

Some of our curriculum areas require a uniform but if that applies to you we will email you by July.

How do I apply for an advanced learner loan?

You can find out information about the Advanced Learner Loan scheme on our Financial Support page

If you would like to talk to someone at the college about the Advanced Learner Loan scheme please email advancedlearnerloans@lincolncollege.ac.uk or you can contact the Financial Support Team on 01522 876000

Can I pay for my course in installments?

Yes you can pay for a course in installments at main enrolment as long as the course costs £200 or more and runs for more than 23 weeks or 2 full terms. The installment plan will need to be paid in 6 installments and the first payment must be made at enrolment.

I didn’t pass my GCSE Maths and/or English exam

If you are aged between 16 and 19 and didn’t pass your GCSE Maths and/or English exam it is required that you enrol on and study this alongside your chosen course. 

If your chosen course required a passing grade in GCSE Maths or English we may need to transfer your offer to a lower level course.

I’m 19 years old will I have to pay for my course?

If you are aged 19 and above you may have to pay for your course. In some circumstances you may be able to get help with the cost of some or all of the course fees through the Lincoln College Financial Support Page

If you would like to talk to someone about whether you will be eligible for fee remission please contact our information officers on 030 030 32435 or you can email enquiries@lincolncollege.ac.uk

If you are not eligible for fee remission you may still be able to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to help pay for your course.

I’m 18 years old will I need to pay for my course?

In most cases you will not need to pay for your course. If you will be under 19 years old on 31/08/2020 and you are enrolling on a Full Time or Part Time course funded by the Education Funding Agency then you won’t have to pay any tuition fees. We do offer some, part time and short courses however which are not funded.


If you require any further assistance please email studentrecruitment@lincolncollege.ac.uk